Friday, December 21, 2007

Howdy, Y'all!

First off, I should probably give you a little bit of information about myself and what I propose the purpose of this blog will be.

I plan on posting my observations about the world around me, in what I hope to be a humorous manner. I mean, hey, I find this stuff pretty funny, and I'm in the middle of it. Sure, some of it might be of the "Oh, man, it was hilarious (but you really just had to be there to get it)!!!" variety, but that's okay. I'll feel fulfilled if I'm able to at least convey it to you, and if you get some modicum of joy out of it.

The second thing I ought to do is introduce you to the cast of characters likely to turn up in these entries. I mean, it's only fair that you ought to know who the heck I'm talking about, so here's the rundown:

  • DH: "Designated Husband". If you need more explanation than that, uhm....I really don't know what to say about that...it's my husband for goodness sake...
  • Conman: My one and only child; at the time of this posting, he is 5 1/2 years old (the 1/2 is exceptionally important).
  • Pup: The new dog we have living in our house, and a constant source of either humor or aggravation. You be the judge.
  • SS1: My eldest stepson.
  • SS2: My youngest stepson, who is now technically the DH's "middle child".
  • Mom: My loving, caring, thoughtful and insightful mother. And if you believe that, I've got a piece of oceanfront property in Utah I'm just dying to unload.
  • Dad: My loving, caring, thoughtful and insightful father. This one really is the truth.
  • FIL: My father-in-law; mostly absent (as in, we don't see him very often) but a genuinely good fella.
  • MIL: My mother-in-law; see FIL entry and substitude "gal" for "fella".
  • SILs: My sisters-in-law; see FIL and apply MIL caveat.
  • GL: This is my best "internet" buddy, and my guild leader. I talk to him nearly daily, and have done so for about a year and a half. We laugh, we cry, we yell at one another, but it's all good in the end.
  • W/GL: This is GL's wife. I've met her once, and think she's a jewel of a woman.
  • GL1: Oldest child of GL.
  • GL2: Youngest child of GL.
  • "Guildies": This is the general lump I will dump all my guild mates into at any given moment.
  • BFF: This refers to the woman that's my best friend, the sister I never had.
  • H/BFF: Husband of BFF.
These designations are subject to change at any given time and/or be added to on occasion, most likely by editing this post. If you're really THAT interested in the players, check back here and keep up-to-date, mm-kay?

No comments: